Monday, October 10, 2011

Kayaking for the 1st time

I wanted to do this but had to talk myself into it....we went down and talked to them and they gave us the price and when we would have to be there 30 minutes before they left on the next trip if we wanted to go. It was quite a bit of money (for us anyway) so we just went back to the viewing area too watch. The closer it got to the time we needed to be there....my mind was going double time....this was the highest tides they'd had this summer, this would be our only chance, I knew Pat wanted to do it.....it had passed the 30 minute deadline but we raced back down to their area and they had 3 seats left.....so we paid quickly....grabbed our life jackets and kayaking gear and were on our way. The hole we had to sit in wasn't very big and I'm sure I was a sight to watch trying to get down into it with this old body! We had left our camera with Richard and Karen and Richard followed us down and got these good pictures of us preparing to launch.

No comments: