Sunday, September 27, 2009

Holdredge

We were walking the dogs and saw that there was another 'Alfa' in the campground.....so as we usually do we walked over by just to see if it might be someone we know. I thought I recognized the car and knocked on the door to find Mac & Mary Best from Denver, CO. They had parked next to us at the National Alfa Rally that we went to in Gillette, WY in June 2005. Was fun to catch up with news from them. Then I wanted to drive over to Holdredge, NE (about 20 miles west). This is where my mom was born and if my grandparents (who raised me) ever went on vacation it was always to Holdredge in the really hot summer time. I looked in the phone book and found a 2nd cousin that was about my age....went up to her door and of course she didn't recognize me....but it was fun seeing her again.

No comments: